Anna Ruth Myers is a birth to three specialist with over 15 years of experience supporting families and children. As a certified doula, childbirth and breastfeeding educator, she has supported over 100 families through the pregnancy, birth, and postpartum periods. She has trained with Ina May Gaskin at The Farm Midwifery Center and has studied in Bali, Indonesia with Robin Lim, who runs Bumi Sehat Birth Center.
Anna Ruth has extensive experience as an early childhood education specialist. She is a certified RIE® Associate and highly trained Pikler® infant care specialist who has completed multiple trainings at the Pikler Institute® in Budapest in addition to attending US and UK-based programs with Pikler Institute® faculty.
In addition, Anna Ruth holds diplomas in both Montessori and Waldorf education and has completed 2 international study groups in the Reggio Emilia approach of early childhood education.
Anna Ruth lives in Greenwich Village with her husband of 11 years, Adam. In her spare time she enjoys yoga, knitting, and spending time at the beach.
With the flexibility to work days and evenings, the experience to assist with many different issues, and the willingness to work with all kinds of families, her goal is to create a program where new parents feel supported and cared for.
Education and Training
- MA in Human Development with a Specialization in Early Childhood Development, Pacific Oaks College
- RIE® Associate
- Pikler® Pedagogue, expected date of completion 2017
- Waldorf Early Childhood Education Teaching Credential, Sunbridge Institute
- The Child in the First Three Years training course, Sophia’s Hearth Family Center
- North American Montessori Center 0-3, 3-6 Teaching Diplomas
- American Montessori Society 0-3 Teaching Diploma
- Certified Birth Doula (CBI)
- Certified Postpartum Doula (CBI, DONA)
- Certified Childbirth Educator (CBI, Hypnobirthing, Yoga Birth Method)
- Certified Lactation Counselor
- Certified Infant Massage Instructor
- Certified Personal Trainer and Perinatal Fitness Specialist
“For many different reasons, I strongly wanted a natural birth. Anna Ruth’s support and guidance through the pregnancy, labor and post-natal allowed it to happen. Without her help, I don’t believe I would have had the wonderful pregnancy that I did. Her services to our family were invaluable.”
“I really enjoyed having Anna Ruth as a doula. I think she has a real skill in supporting laboring mothers in a way that really impressed me. I think that she will be a great asset to her future clients.”
“The parent/infant classes offered though The Nurtured Child have been very useful to me as a parent. Anna Ruth’s gentle spirit and knowledge has helped guide me though the terrain of new motherhood. Excellent Class.”