Founded by RIE ® Associate and Pikler® Pedagogue candidate, Anna Ruth Myers, The Nurtured Child offers RIE® Certified classes in NYC’s only RIE® dedicated classroom designed specifically to support the competence, autonomy, and integrity of the young child.
Anna Ruth Myers is an infant development specialist with over 15 years of experience supporting families and children. As a certified doula, childbirth and breastfeeding educator, she has supported over 100 families through the pregnancy, birth, and postpartum periods. Anna Ruth is a certified RIE® Associate and highly trained Pikler® infant care specialist who has completed multiple trainings at the Pikler Institute® in Budapest. In addition, Anna Ruth holds diplomas in both Montessori and Waldorf education and has completed 2 study groups in the Reggio Emilia approach to early childhood education.
Education and Training
- MA in Human Development with a Specialization in Early Childhood Development
- RIE® Associate
- Pikler® Pedagogue, expected date of completion 2017
- Waldorf Early Childhood Education Teaching Credential, Sunbridge Institute
- The Child in the First Three Years training course, Sophia’s Hearth Family Center
- American Montessori Society 0-3, 3-6 Teaching Diplomas
- Certified Birth Doula (CBI, DONA)
- Certified Postpartum Doula (CBI, DONA)
- Certified Childbirth Educator (CBI, Hypnobirthing, Yoga Birth Method)
- Certified Lactation Counselor
RIE® Mission Statement
Through our approach, which honors infants and young children as equal members in relationships, we are dedicated to creating a culture of people who are authentic, resourceful and respectful. Our work is inspired by the natural integrity of infants and the formative power of relationships in their lives. When allowed to unfold in their own way and in their own time, children discover, manifest and inspire the best in themselves and in others. We are profoundly committed to sharing the opportunity to see infants with new eyes.