In this class expectant mothers and their partner or support person will prepare for the birth of their baby by learning what happens during labor physically and emotionally for all involved. This course incorporates the best aspects of popular methods (e.g. Birthing from Within, Hypnobirthing, Lamaze) and provides evidence based information.
The class includes:
- Discussion of the stages of labor
- Practice of comfort measures, including labor positions, massage, counter pressure techniques, emotional support of the laboring mother, partner self-care, and more
- Relaxation and guided imagery practice
- Information about medical procedures and interventions such as monitoring, induction, and cesarean birth
- Discussion of informed choice in a medical setting
- Non-pharmacological and pharmacological pain relief options
- What to expect at home, the hospital or birth center, and during the recovery period.
The course fee includes a copy of Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn by Penny Simkin, and an informational binder with local resources, web resources, and other helpful informations
Childbirth Education Workshop
This condensed course provides expectant couples with essential information as they prepare for the birth of their child. Topics include: stages of labor, comfort measures, relaxation, breathing techniques, and what to expect at home, the hospital or birth center, and during the recovery period.