Eating is an intimate part of life. Your own relationship around food, as well as your ideas and expectations around infant eating can impact your child’s first feeding experiences.
Infant feeding consultations are done in the comfort of my private studio where I can observe a feeding, offer demonstrations about RIE® and Pikler® feeding routines, and answer any questions you may have. The goal is to help you and your baby feel comfortable and confident, and enjoy this special time together.
topics may include:
- Education of infant feeding cues
- Proper latch and positioning
- Milk supply/demand
- Maternal nutritional needs
- Establishing predictability and routine
- Use of pump & milk storage
- Lap feeding
- Feeding from a tray table or feeding bench
- Appropriate mealtime expectations
- Guidelines for limit-setting
- Referrals to other resources if necessary